help with dating certificate

This post is 2596 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

Go to the DVLA, pay £25 and that should get you a V5 using the frame and engine number. As to a dating certificate who said you need one? and why.

Not meaning to spam or whatever am new to the internet and forums and after first post read the comment from bark wind an thought it best to introduced myself. As for dating cert my bike is unregistered the dvla say i need to register it with a used vehicle form v55 i think and it needs to be insured on frame number and motd the same way...not chao says i need a dating cert so he can mot it on the frame number as with out year of manufacture he cant do it  .hope that helps your question slice 

No prob mate just curious as to why you should need one. Ok it might help then if you get in touch with Yamaha UK, they are on the net, they should be able to give you a year of manufacture if you supply an engine and frame number for them to work off of. Not sure if there is a charge or not but a few quid won't hurt to much, they are a bit slow sometimes and it can take multiple calls to get through to someone but persevere and you should be ok. Best of luck.

Is it an import, ?..  why has it not been registered?.. .  you might need a NOVA,