RS125, couple of questions.

Ricco
This post is 2512 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

I've been tootling along on a Suzuki GN125 for 6 years now but now is the time to get something a bit more interesting. I've decided on an RS125.  I live on a narrow boat, I carry the bike on the back on a rack I designed and had custom built. Basically it's 4 inch steel channel, the bike is secured by a front fork sliding into another fork built into the rack.

My first question: My existing bike has front forks of 32mm diameter. I've searched for ages on the internet but can't find out what the diameter of RS125 shocks are. Does anyone know?

Second question: The tiller steering on my boat is likely to be interfered with by front footpegs on the new bike. The GN has foldable pegs which alleviates the problem but I believe that they are fixed on the RS125. Any ideas how I might adapt the pegs to make them foldable, or removable?

Thanks for any replies. 

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

Rs. Made by. Age?

Do you mean the 1980's RS125.

Yes, Yamaha RS125DX, eighties model. I'm thinking of going to view one that's for sale. The forks are covered by gaiters (spelling?), probably hiding pitted forks. If I know the diameter underneath I can work out how easy (or not) it might be to adapt my rack to suit. Would possibly save me a wasted trip.

Cheers.

Well the RXS 100 which is all but the same chassis with a different name has 30mm front forks if it helps any.

• Who's Online (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online