Hello

Paul brown
This post is 2634 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

Hi people bought a dt125r 2002 just got it on the road yesterday. Went out on it today and the bike has cut out twice on me.the first time i took spark plug off and noticed it was wet and so was the top of the head, i left it for 5 min and put it spark plug back in and it kicked first time and happened again just as i got home. Also the right hand indicator side indicators on dont but show up on the dash as they are ? Any help would be much appreciated thank you 

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

What do you mean by top of the head?

11 hours ago, Cynic said:

What do you mean by top of the head?

I call it rain when your head gets wet :D

Sorted the oil out and i ment were u put spark plug into the head lol . The bike is still dying out. Changed the water oil pump seal changed gear oil changed coolant/water.  Let bike tick over for five mins set of and it died took it back to a friends and 45 mins later  and a spark plug change noticed it was not sparking with ignition on but did spark when ignition was off as a last effort to get the bike home i tryed kicking the bike while ignition was off and quickly turning ignition on the bike fired up straight away and i got 1 min further than the firtst time and died again i then managed to get the bike going 2 more times only by doin that with the ignition. And pushed it home. Abit confused myself tbh. 

Sounds like the switch or the wiring to it.

Didn't realise you could fault find electrical wiring by just looking at it.....

Sent from my E6553 using Tapatalk

Lmfao ovs i dint just look at wiring. I checked all the connectors all wires are nice and firm in connectors managed to sort the indicators out in the process. But are blinking abit fast ? Might try changing ignition barrel as that might be knackered? 

Before you go out and buy a new barrel try a long squirt of WD40 down the key hole, they get dry and the original grease gets crusty, then turn the key on and off a couple of dozen times, you never know mate it might just be crud and shit between the contacts. As Cynic said it does sound like a wiring or contact problem.

Taped a wire up that wasnt connected to anything and the bike has been fine all day mist have been cuttin engine out when touching it  but have noticed that when you turn left indicators on it puts the hazards on ? Must be wires in switch will look at it when i get a new switch as this one wont come off 

• Who's Online (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online