Yamaha WR125X starter relay location

This post is 2551 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

Hello YOC members!

I've tried to fix a broken ignition wire on my bike, which was split in half. I took the plastic cover off the cable ends, and stuck them together. Without covering the wire with isolating tape, I started the bike and - stupidly - I turned the handlebar and the naked, cooper wire touched the metal fork which immediately stopped the engine. I thought: fine, the fuse is blown. So I checked the fuse box by the car battery, but all fuses were fine (I've changed them all, just to be safe).I've been told by my friend whom is a bike owner himself, that I should check the starter relay. The problem is, that I cannot locate it - and here's my question: does any of you know where the starter relay is on those bikes?

Any help is much appreciated.

Cheers, 

Tom.

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

There should be a fat red cable running from the battery - that should lead you straight to the starter relay. Might be another fuse on that

Sent from my E6553 using Tapatalk

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

Are you sure you've checked all fuses?

Looking at your original post you might've fried something in the dash when that wire shorted out.

Sent from my E6553 using Tapatalk