xtz660 low speed running problems

markfolder
This post is 6578 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

Hello, my xtz660 seems to be getting 'lumpier' to ride at low speeds (25 - 40 mph). Its fine at higher speeds ! I have no manual for the bike, so need some help !

Also, decided to fit a new plug, just in case that was a simpe cure, but cannot get any of my spanners to get under the frame. Any idesa on both items, much appreciated.

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

Hello, my xtz660 seems to be getting 'lumpier' to ride at low speeds (25 - 40 mph). Its fine at higher speeds ! I have no manual for the bike, so need some help !

Also, decided to fit a new plug, just in case that was a simpe cure, but cannot get any of my spanners to get under the frame. Any idesa on both items, much appreciated.

sounds like a carb problem. crud from the tanks (use an in line petrol filter) or blocked air filter or fuel tap.

Not sure, but looking at a photo of the bike, you will have to take the tank off

Hope that helps

• Who's Online (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online