Yamaha vmax

Vmaxdaz
This post is 2681 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

I am soon going to be in the hunt for a vmax. I have always wanted a HD Vrod as I like the muscle bike look but accidentally came across the vmax (what a beast) and I'm now hooked on the vmax. I will probably have around 4-4.5k (£) to spend. Can anyone give me some info on the vmax:

1. best year (for the money I have to spend and years / models to avoid  

2. why not to have the non full power model. What's wrong with the other

3. Pros cons

4. Common problems to look for

I know I've thrown a lot of questions but any help and advice is welcomed  

Cheers Daz

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

Limited knowledge but I can say one thing having ridden both.

The handling is utter shite, proper 80's, heavy, REALLY heavy to turn in, brakes are kind of there and the tank spreads your legs like a back street 'lady' but the engine when it hits 6k esp with a pipe. Its all forgiven as it takes off like a 3hundred weight 2 stroke making your brain go '-----------'. Esp as unlike my 2strokes it neither stops or turns.

Do you really need to ask about non v boost.

They hardly changed as far as the years go, bit like the xj. Best advice I can give is get a relatively stock one, new as you can aford, maybe a brake upgrade and a pipe would be good with lots of receipts. Price is up to you. There too old to price realistically, its what your willing to pay. Tatty with an mot will cost you 1200 quid age irrelevant. Otherwise buyer beware

• Like 1

• Who's Online (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online