Dragster trouble revisited

Ove
This post is 2756 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

If any of you remember at the end of summer I completed my dragster bobber build and had it mot'd and on the way home the engine broke. This is such an understatement as everything that could of broke with the engine did lol. 

After a lot of swearing and asking for help and advice Robo (member of this group) came round to mine to lend a hand he got the bike running but it didn't sound good so we took the engine apart and realised that the previous owner must have known nothing about motorbikes and abused this bike no end, the engine was f&£ked and beyond repaire. That hit hard as I had spent a year building her. This is why you get the engine running first, a big learning curve. 

After a while of looking we found a doner bike and after a lot of conversation with the seller this looked like a goer. So I bought it and got it back to the garage (that's another story all together getting that bike back). 

Another visit from robo to check the new engine and we found that none of the parts that the seller had said were in there were in fact not. But hopfully a set of rings would fix this. 

I put some new rings In, re lapped the valves, set timings and now after a new battery finally I have a working bike. I have a few tuning issues but very happy to be out riding again. So a big thank you to this group and Robo for getting me back on the road. 

Oh and also the left over whole dragster, bar engine now has a virago engine in it and is on the road too. Result. 

• Like 3

• 2 weeks later...
Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

Nice! :thumb: 

• Who's Online (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online