2010 XJ6-N, no signs of life! Help!

gingerbeardyman
This post is 2624 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

Hi all, 

I have an issue with my poor baby, it refuses to show any signs of life, I've checked the fuses (all good) and the battery's voltage (12.8 DC),  I've tried jump-starting it (still no life) and the battery's been on charge all day so I cannot understand why it's not showing any signs of life! Any help would be appreciated as this is my first large (ish) bike!

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

Could be one of the fuses, pull the fuses from the fuse box and see if any are burnt out?

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

Sorry just seen that you checked fuses haha

Will it bump start?

Yeh,  I would split most connectors, and clean with contact cleaner,   shure to be corrosion ,

Go around bike and check all connections are joined sounds daft but my mz baggy is temperamental sometimes all it needs is to have one clip slightly open and it won't start or show life due to connections on wiring loom and I suppose they did it like that making it harder for people to hot wire and drive away ... as my bike won't start unless all my clips and connections are together and sound even if a indicatotor wire is it won't give me no start button electrics ... all the loom as to be accounted for and in tact

Sent from my BBA100-2 using Tapatalk

• Who's Online (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online