Rebuilding forks

burtboy69
This post is 6583 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

ok im new to the 2 wheel world, i just bought a 2001 R6 and the forks need new oil seals, and i have no clue on how to go about fixing them. Im very good with mechicans but im stumped with this. Please help me out. Thanks, ~Craig~

• 3 weeks later...
Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

ok im new to the 2 wheel world, i just bought a 2001 R6 and the forks need new oil seals, and i have no clue on how to go about fixing them. Im very good with mechicans but im stumped with this. Please help me out. Thanks, ~Craig~

hi im surpriesd that you have not had any replys. if you still have not done your forks yet dont get to flusted as ther all about the same. well the principel is any way. with the forkes of the bike dain the old oil check how much comes out particuly if you do not know how much to put in.

seperat the stanchen from the leg normaly a femal hex bolt on the botom of the fork leg.

once you got the legs of the seal is the same as any to replace. just be shure its sat squreley and not broke befor you put the stanthion back on. then fill with your new oil a sergical suringe with a pice of pipe on is handy to get the oil level balenced.

I will point out i have never done a any thing on the r1 but have done thousnds of oil seals in my time on all sorts of forks and rams. and would not think twice about doing this job i would hate to know the cost of this job in a shop.

good luck

jim

• Who's Online (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online