introduction / wire of stator to regulator on dt125

john brooks
This post is 2637 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

• Hello.

I am John and live in mid Wales uk, I have been a precision engineer for 35 years and have run my own company for the past 6 years.

J P B Creative Engineering ltd,

I work on anything from high end spiral stair cases to welding up rally cars; I have a reasonable kitted out work shop in the hills of mid Wales. Please look up my post code SY175RR.

I work alone as a engineer but also employ and train some of the local teenagers during the summer, setting up large stage work for arenas and festivals.

I have a stolen and recovered dt125 that i have rebuilt for my son but am stuck on the  set up from the stator to regulator. Please see attached picture and any advice would be great as im lost.

Best regards john

IMG_20161229_0001.jpg

the coil next to the tdc censer also power the ecu and give power for the spark but the bike do not run right. the ecu needs to be connected to a battery as well.  but as I said I cant see how the other two coil work or witch regulator to use.

• Like 1

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

:wavey: welcome aboard! Not sure about the trouble you're having though. As jjenny says someone will probably be along to help. Might help to post questions in the workshop area with details about what the bike's doing... or not doing. :) 

• Like 1

The 3 coils = 1 Soarse coil/ 2 lighting coil /3 pulser coil/ ,  never seen Grey wires,  its usually Green/white [ charging] Yellow/and white [lighting,] - red/white [ pulser trigger] .  how many wires on the CDI, ?.  AND IS PICTURE  OUT 180 DEGREES, 

• Who's Online (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online