My '97 Thundercat...

Georgepower
This post is 2515 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

Hi all I'm pretty new to this site but so far had some great advice...

Anyway just thought I'd put a pic of my lovely old girl on.. I've owned her for 4 years,she's just pushing 20 years old,32000 miles on the clock and has been an absolute joy to own and look after...

photo.JPG

Here's a better picture...

photo (1).JPG

• Like 2

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

photo.PNG

26 minutes ago, Georgepower said:

Hi all I'm pretty new to this site but so far had some great advice...

Anyway just thought I'd put a pic of my lovely old girl on.. I've owned her for 4 years,she's just pushing 20 years old,32000 miles on the clock and has been an absolute joy to own and look after...

photo.JPG

Here's a better picture...

photo (1).JPG

photo.PNG

I will eventually get the hang of using this bloody web site!!..lol

• Like 3

Lovely bike George.

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
On ‎19‎/‎02‎/‎2017 at 9:12 AM, Jayne said:

Wow, looks so cool 

Cheers I am pretty proud of her...

On ‎27‎/‎01‎/‎2017 at 9:28 PM, blackhat250 said:

Yeh shes a  beaut,   B)

Thank you...:)

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
7 hours ago, KevtheRev said:

Looks brand spanking George !

Cheers Kev I bought her off a guy about 4 years ago who had her for 6 years and did less than 200 miles on her.I've put about 10,000 on her since then but easy,clean miles she probably hasn't tasted rain in at least 10 years and like most of us bikers as soon as I see a speck of dirt out comes the sponge and polish!!..lol

• Like 1

If I had that bike I'd be out with the polish too mate , lol .  Most of my bikes were courier hacks and even when brand new they had a pretty tough time of it . Lets just say it's hard to polish the plastics when they are scattered all over the city ,haha !  The Thundercat was Yamaha's answer to the Fireblade if I remember right .

3 minutes ago, KevtheRev said:

If I had that bike I'd be out with the polish too mate , lol .  Most of my bikes were courier hacks and even when brand new they had a pretty tough time of it . Lets just say it's hard to polish the plastics when they are scattered all over the city ,haha !  The Thundercat was Yamaha's answer to the Fireblade if I remember right .

I tend to use my van for the hacking round London roads mate!..lol

They brought it out as competition to the CBR600 but tbh it just never got the same recognition and was always seen as second best.Don't get me wrong the baby blade is a great bike but having ridden both the Cat definately has better acceleration and top end and anyone that's ever owned one only has good things to say about them.I've lost count of the amount of times I've thought about selling her to buy a Fireblade but always changed my mind at the last minute much to the annoyance of a couple of potential buyers!!.. ;)

Ah , I stand corrected !   A bloke not far from where I live had one in the same colours with a tasty bit of tuning done . You should've seen him go by the local  beer garden on the back wheel .  I bought a few  brand new bikes for work but I don't think there were any unbroken plastics on them after the first year or so .  Feckin' cagers !!    I've been riding since I was 17, I'm 47 now , and still don't have a car licence , lol .

3 minutes ago, KevtheRev said:

Ah , I stand corrected !   A bloke not far from where I live had one in the same colours with a tasty bit of tuning done . You should've seen him go by the local  beer garden on the back wheel .  I bought a few  brand new bikes for work but I don't think there were any unbroken plastics on them after the first year or so .  Feckin' cagers !!    I've been riding since I was 17, I'm 47 now , and still don't have a car licence , lol .

Sometimes I wish I bloody didn't mate I do about 1000 miles a week to and from London and spend most of my time trying to avoid suicidal cyclists and pedestrians,oh and the odd mad motorbike courier!!..lol

• Like 1

That is pristine! Very nice and I like the colour scheme. The Thundercat was the 1st (and last) sports bike I've ever ridden pillion on...

Back in my teens I used to ride pillion on my ex's Africa Twin. Anyway his younger brother bought a P-reg Thundercat (same colour scheme as yours) and I was given the role of serving as his 1st pillion so he could get some practice in. Lucky me! Anyway after a good 1st attempt my ex jumped in the riders seat and I've never been more petrified by acceleration before! With my legs up so high I just felt perched. Couldn't wait to get back on the dull Africa Twin after! Ha ha!

Here it is - was ridiculously low mileage and had never seen the rain from the person he bought it off:

018CD52D-A0D2-42B6-8F80-78EE806E2177.jpg

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, bippo said:

That is pristine! Very nice and I like the colour scheme. The Thundercat was the 1st (and last) sports bike I've ever ridden pillion on...

Back in my teens I used to ride pillion on my ex's Africa Twin. Anyway his younger brother bought a P-reg Thundercat (same colour scheme as yours) and I was given the role of serving as his 1st pillion so he could get some practice in. Lucky me! Anyway after a good 1st attempt my ex jumped in the riders seat and I've never been more petrified by acceleration before! With my legs up so high I just felt perched. Couldn't wait to get back on the dull Africa Twin after! Ha ha!

Here it is - was ridiculously low mileage and had never seen the rain from the person he bought it off:

018CD52D-A0D2-42B6-8F80-78EE806E2177.jpg

Wow that looks even cleaner than mine :) and your a braver person than me I'd never get on the back of anything with anyone after the one and only time I did go pillion and the bloke riding thought it would be a giggle to do 140mph weaving in and out of traffic down a busy bypass,I am no longer in touch with said person!!.. ;) 

I took that picture back in 2006 - not sure if he still owns it - but it was immaculate when he picked it up. Hardly any miles under its belt, and in all fairness I'm not sure he put many on it himself. You never know it may be the same bike as yours...! Both P-reg, this one was in Addlestone.

That's just crazy going that fast with someone one the back! Mind you, I know people who do...

4 minutes ago, bippo said:

I took that picture back in 2006 - not sure if he still owns it - but it was immaculate when he picked it up. Hardly any miles under its belt, and in all fairness I'm not sure he put many on it himself. You never know it may be the same bike as yours...! Both P-reg, this one was in Addlestone.

That's just crazy going that fast with someone one the back! Mind you, I know people who do...

You never know,I bought mine in St.Albans so not a million miles away!..

• Like 1

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
On ‎27‎/‎04‎/‎2017 at 8:32 PM, johnakay said:

nice bike georgy lad

bloody  good bikes. I've had 2 of them virtually bullet proof engines.

Cheers John and yeah she still pulls like a train all the way to 150mph without missing a beat,not that I've ever done that of course!.. ;)

• Who's Online (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online