rt100 qustions

bytor84
This post is 2799 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

Hi. please excuse my ignorance. I once owned a yz125 when i was 17 but now im 45 and have not owned or ridden since i was a kid. But this Christmas I got my 14 year old his 1st bike. A 1997 Yamaha RT 100 dirtbike. Seems to be in good shape although the girl who owned it painted it pink and green..lol. Anyway.. I have tons of questions some simple and some not so simple. So im looking for help. lets start with an "easy" one.

does this bike take gas oil mix?  if so whats the ratio and easiest way to figure out how much oil per 1 gal of gas.......that may be a dumb question but I saw somebody talking about an auto oil injector..and i was confused if this bike needs oil in the gas or not. I looked up the service manual and it does not say.

thanks for tolerating my ignorance and I appreciate the help

****sorry just realized this should be in the other area of this forum...i posted there

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

Hi ,there, ,is the RT100 ,  not the DT100, ?,,  not familiar with it,,  look under the seat for oil tank,  and the R/h  side cover should have pipes going into it [ pump], if not its a Pre-mix,  [ off roader],  30/1 is the ratio  .  near as, :welcome:

http://yamaha-enduros.com/index.php/100cc-specs/67-74-80-dt100-a-g-specifications

Its a DT 100 without any legal stuff, no lights etc.

New it would have used the autolube (oil pump) now, who knows? you need to do as above and look behind the panels and under the seat for the tank. Its should still have the pump but on an off roader its no hassle to keep the fuel oil ready mixed in the van.

• Who's Online (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online