Hi, new to NZ and yamahas

NZcruzer
This post is 2807 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

Hi everyone I am Caleb.

I live in the Waikato region in NZ. I just got given a yamaha motorbike and I have no idea what it is. It needs some work so I was hoping I could get some help identifying. I took some photos and I would have attached them but the size limit is crazy. It has a 2500cm3 stamped on the motor and judging by a date on the I'd tag it's from 86. Any help would be awesome.

Thanks!

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

Hi

2500 cm3?? this volume would be way too much for a normal bike, I think it reads 250 cc and the first 'C' looks like a 0,

post a pic and it will be easy to identify.

With 250 cc on the side of the motor case, I guess it is for the volume of oil in the case, though thats a low quantity too!!

The motor engine size is normally on the cylinder of the bike. my bike has 171 cc on the cylinder and 650cc on the engine case

:wavey: welcome aboard! To post photos you'll need to upload them to a photo site and then embed them in your post. 

Hi,  a 1980"s yam,    :eusa_think:.  biggest motor was the XS1000.   or the FJ [Tank]    , They"re  big  mothers,  :wavey:

On 1/12/2017 at 9:13 AM, nayruf said:

2500 cm3?

That's the capacity of his oil sump ;)

• Like 1

• Who's Online (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online