Rear indicators stopped working front work fine - SOLVED

adyr81
This post is 2664 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

so my indicators where working ok. i installed a alarm just the basic functions live and ground, there is two yellow wires that connect to live on the indicators to flash them when alarm is activated, front indicators are working fine when i use turn switch but back ones have stopped working. the bulbs are ok i disconnected the yellow wires i connected to see if that was the issue, but that isn't the problem.

i read that rear indicators have a separate ground on most bikes, as the front still work but i don't understand why this would now be a issue seeing as they where working ok before. any ideas what might be the problem

the wiring on this bike is a mess someone installed after market indicators on the rear and different tail light.

couldn't leave it un-fixed stripped all the rear wiring and rebuilt, i don't know who did the wiring but they shouldn't quit there day job. crimp connections and household electrical wire one hell of a bodge job.

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.