Vin/ Engine Numbers

JONCAL4
This post is 2671 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

How do  from a newbie

I've been given a dt125 in lue of some work and quite a few spares  , first thing is I've looked today for the Vin/ engine number , i thought the vin would be on the top part of the frame near the forks, and the Engine number on the rear of the block , the engine number isn't there just a blank space (were these adhered or pinned into place or simply stamped,) after  reading threads on here today about powder coating this frame has  been coated and i cant see anywhere any numbers.

Just thought id check it out before working on it , and how can the above be rectified, I have no v5 and don't know the registration.

Thanks for any help

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

Image result for motorcycle vin numbers   Right where this guy is pointing is the headstock number.

Image result for motorcycle engine number location  Engine number should look like this.