SZR660

Old but not too bold!
This post is 6696 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

Hi all! I am wondering whether or not to get an SZR 660.

Trouble is I dont know anyone that has one, or of any locally, as a few people that have reviewed and tested these bikes say they are best suited for people of 5 feet 10 inches or less. Is this true? (I am 5'11")

It seems to fit my 'perfect bike' criteria(though it probably not perfect), and I am leaning towards getting one. I have yet to see one in the flesh! Help!!! I will sacrifice my too perfect(boring) vfr750 for one, if I can.

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

I know nothing about these but a quick look in the Used Bike Guide (a pre re-vamp issue when they still rated lots of bikes by manufacturer and engine size instead of a much smaller area in sections of 'Tourers', 'Sportsbikes' etc) found this in their guide..

"XTZ's five valve thumper single bunged into a road chassis with extravagent styling. Sharp handling. comfort passable, useful up to 90mph. Overwhelmed by pillions and /or touring duties. Some bargains around and lots of thrills for little spend. An unsung budget bike hero. "

1998: C1 £1800, C2 £1500, C3 £900

1997: C1 £1600, C2 £1100, C3 £550

1996: C1 £1550, C2 £1000, C3 £450

Doesn't sound too bad to me if those details fit the bill for you. The only thing that I might find off putting would be the question of parts. Bikes which do not sell in large numbers and/or have short sales runs sometimes can be difficult to trace parts for.

Hope that helps.

Andy

Thanks for that. I seem to remember an issue of UBG about 5 years ago? Wish I kept it!

That still leaves the question of my height for that bike. I would like a bike that is nippy around back roads and through traffic (work). Sounds like a bike with some character though.

i believe they have a tzr 250 frame, so you may find it a bit cramped.

they look ok- i was following them on ebay for a while as the mirrors are recommended to fit to the trx 850- there isnt many around- so i agree parts may be a prob !

i suspect they may feel under powered- but maybe thats not an issue for you ?

ps- it took me 6 weeks to find the mirrors i wanted- and they were'nt cheap !

• Who's Online (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online