Fzr 1000 misfire

Ashleydc
This post is 2659 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

HI everyone, new to this forum. I have a issue with my 1990 Fzr 1000. It has a misfire, checked plugs, fuel filter, the bike has spark. Does anyone have a problem like this or had a problem like this and managed to fix it. The other day rode to work, bike was fine. Then 6 o clock rolls around, go to start bike, missing so took a slow ride home. Half way there I got irritated and opened the bike up, spluttering and missing and all of a sudden bike ran fine again. Next morning I start the bike it's fine, ride to work all good, time to leave, bike miss firing again. Now just a constant misfire. 

Any help will be appreciated. 

Ash

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

Hi Ashley, welcome to the forum but I think you will get more response if you posted this in the workshop section for obvious reasons.

Mike

if it was running okay and then wasn't check the coils/leads/connections first, you may well get a good spark out in free air, but the spark may not be so good in the pressure of a charged cylinder - the coils may provide a bright spark in front of you but go weak inside of the cylinder and it's hard to replicate that (for the price of 2 coils, if of unknown history it is often worth replacing). Do not fiddle with the carbs until you are 100% sure the ignition is doing it's job properly (you can swap the coils over to see if on coil is dropping out under load). The carbs are complex and tend to go off sharply if not used. Only start on the carbs once the ignition is given the all clear.

• Who's Online (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online