Building my xvs 650 bobber

Ollie666
This post is 2694 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

Hi to all, first post, basically im ''bobbing'' my xvs 650 and ive seen exactly how I want it which involves some big changes which im not too worried about but theres some specifics im hoping some of you may be able to help with!

1.Single back bone conversion, doing the conversion isn't an issue, im very mechanically minded and capable, also I have a few very good friends helping me along the way, what im stuck on is the single carb conversion due to the backbone and tank being where the twin carbs normally sit, the inlet for the carbs again not a problem its knowing exactly what carb is best to use, I know theres a company who can supply all you need for around $600, but id like to do it a lot cheaper than that ideally, does anyone have any previous experience with this?

2.Larger front wheel. I have a friend who fitted a 21'' harley wheel to the front of his xvs650 and I know he had to do quite a bit too get it fitted and working correctly, is there any ''direct replacements'' that are bigger/skinnier than the stock xvs wheel?

As of now that's all I need too battle, we are right at the start of the build so im sure there will be a lot more questions as the days pass! Any help greatly appreciated!

Cheers ollie

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.