Exit Beemer....Enter ????????

Pete
This post is 6533 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

A deal was done today, and the Beemer leaves the building next Wenesday! It's being part exed for a brand new bike.

I can't knock the Beemer, it used no oil and never missed a beat. The only minor glitch was the brake problems, and a defective throttle linkage and horn which was replaced today. All FOC.

It may have run forever, it may explode tomorrow. Who knows? And once the warranty expires in a few months I'd be footing the bill for potentially very expensive parts, and extortionate BMW labour charges.

I'm not going to run that risk, and bearing in mind that I very often end up in totally remote places with no mobile reception....I need to trust it with my life. And I can't make that commitment.

Bottom line.....the handling, suspension, and comfort were superb. But I just didn't have the confidence in it that I'd have in a Jap bike. And I never would.

So bye bye Beemer.....enter ????????

You know the drill by now.....so start speculating on what Bike 54 will be! :lol:

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

Seeing how your wife might have a say in this :unsure: .....& the fact that she's accustomed to the comfy Beemer.....

I'd fair to speculate a:........

FJR13 B)

Guest Tomg

ooooooooo the suspense!!!!!!

i really don't know urm new triumph tiger?? urmm sprint st??

kawasaki z1400!!!

yamaha r1 sp (now im being silly, or am i)

im too shocked that your getting rid of the beemer!

Theres no way Pete will go for a R1 look at the traffic behind him in the photo he likes to ride his bikes slowly.

I reckon your down sizing maybe DT 50

• Admin

Yeah hes really holding the traffic up!!! :lol: Im suprised they didnt ram him :lol:

Ah yes Pete i remember now... i can remember you talking about one before, but forget you had actually owned one! well if two weeks counts :rolleyes:

im too shocked that your getting rid of the beemer!

You should be shocked that it took him this long to decide to get rid of ther Beemer! :rolleyes::lol:

You should be shocked that it took him this long to decide to get rid of ther Beemer! :rolleyes::lol:

The Goddam Redneck's on the money! :lol:

6 months is much too long to own one bike! B)

Guest Tomg

haha o yeah silly me!!

urm i have another guess, a fazer?

yeah your holding up the traffic pretty bad even my tzr doesn't hold up traffic!!!!! and yes before anyone says i did leave a 30 mph zone, and a 40, and a 50, 60 i can do but any more and im f**ked!!! :P

Guest Tomg

o b0ll0x!! :angry:

i am telling the truth but i was going to say that but then remembered that you already owned one :( !! ah crap! i was only going to say it because you spoke so well of them and then thought no, he already had one!! :P

• Admin

Oh my god.... (looking for the nearest bucket) :unsure:

• Who's Online (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online