115 miles on at dt125?????

nathan1983
This post is 2642 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

No reason you can't cover vast distances on any bike really, just as long as you have a destination in mind a credit card and breakdown cover your golden. Some guys have taken 50cc Honda step thrus around the world so 115 miles not a problem mate.

Should be fine mate, I've done similar on my DT without issue. Might even manage that on one tank of fuel!

Sent from my E6553 using Tapatalk

12 hours ago, nathan1983 said:

hey all.

well the title says all really so what u think I have done 30 mile runs and all ok so I'm thinking hitting 40 miles at time

with a nice 30min cool down

advise ideas welcome

Few years back one of our members rode from Ireland to Squires Café in Leeds, via Forfar (Scotland) and then did the Squires rally then rode back, well past 1000Miles in a long weekend. On a stock DT125

• Like 2

Should"t over heat,   is its setup right,  and this would show in the first 5 miles,   this is what I use on me  2 strokers   and 500 degrees is hot, [ long uphill climb, ]  

20160816_130335.jpg

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

12 years ago when I had my CBT at 16 I had an old DT 50 mx with big bore kit. I used to travel 80 miles a night 5 nights a week after work to see my now wife. 

Never let me down, only time I had problems was when it was really wet I kept getting water in the carb.

12 years ago when I had my CBT at 16 I had an old DT 50 mx with big bore kit. I used to travel 80 miles a night 5 nights a week after work to see my now wife. 

Never let me down, only time I had problems was when it was really wet I kept getting water in the carb.

14 hours ago, Shropshire dan said:

80 miles a night 5 nights a week after work to see my now wife. 

Never let me down,

Just clear this up for me Dan was that the wife or the bike your talking about? :lol:

• Like 1

• Who's Online (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online