92' XJ600S aka (Diversion) No spark :(

WiseForumSensei
This post is 2862 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

Some information before I get to the problem.

So I crashed my motorcycle about 2 weeks ago. I hit a curb doing 40ish on a new road I wasn't used to. Got thrown from my bike, most of the damage was to the front and left side. Luckily I was ok. At the time I had a toggle switch on the bike, that came out when I crashed however. When I got it from the tow company the front brake lever had no resistance to it. So I took it off. My fairings were gone instrument cluster was gone. One of my exhausts was hanging off the bike. I got it home washed it up fixed what I could. I replaced the throttle tube and the start/kill switch (the old one was destroyed in the crash) I took the front brake lever off. My back left turn signal was ripped off in the crash and my tail light failed  (although it had no damage), and I put an ignition switch on (one I had laying around but never installed).

Anyways so I did all that and I go to start the bike, but when I press the start button all I get is the oil light lighting up on the instrument cluster. The starter motor cranks from the Solenoid but I have no spark. I checked all my safety switches for continuity and they all checked out. I checked my coils and plug boots as well and they came back fine except for the neutral switch had no continuity but my neutral light is on when I'm in neutral and off in gear. This one really has me scratching my head. Any suggestions are appreciated. I'm not extremely well versed in the electronic part of my bike. So idiot terms are appreciated haha.

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.
  • Who's Online (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online