DT125LC 10V-2982 Interchangable parts

adrian_vg
This post is 2706 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

Hello all,

New Yamaha-owner from Sweden here!

I've adopted this DT to use as a commuter during the winter here in Sweden, as well as to make that baby-step into some gravel adventures come spring.

Just recently I discovered transmission oil dripping from I suspect either the gear change shaft or sprocket.
In any case, I ordered an oil seal kit from a UK-vendor, together with a complete gasket kit to be on the safe side, as the clutch side cover gasket looked a bit iffy as well.

My question though, is that seeing how difficult it is to find a proper parts fiche for this particular model, are there any other models from the Yamaha DT-range that has parts interchangable with this DT125LC 10V-model?

I know this particular generation spans from 1982-1985.
There is however an unexplained gap at eg http://www.cmsnl.com/search/index.php?spbmmodel=dt125&spbmbrand=YA. from 1981 to 1986 for the DT-range.

I'd appreciate any advice, and thanks in advance!

IMG_20161119_112708-800x600.jpg

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

From personal experience with my dt, chances are if that seal is gone the output shaft bearing may well be partly to blame, (almost certainly if the chain tensioner seizes as it is wont to do) as well having play and possibly some unwanted material in it from the chain.

Well worth checking, hopefully its ok as it needs a complete strip to change.

The  DTLC shares quite a lot of parts with the earlier DT175MX, obviously not the frame or tank but things like cables and smaller parts, a good chunk of the engine too.  In the Australian/Asian market the DT mx stayed air-cooled long after Europe got the LC, not so many tree huggers out that way?, swap out the right parts and its back to a 175 air-cooled engine.