surging/spiking

muffs11
This post is 6701 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

:angry: Need help

Any of you R6 owners experienced problems maintaining a constant speed,eg 60mph ?

My bike seems to spike/surge when i try to, it seems to me as if its missing but have just had a service and the bike dealer said its common with the R6. The bike is very smooth when accelerating but maintaing a constant is impossible without power surges, any suggestions would be f*@king brilliant!!!

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

:( The bloke who did my service checked over everything and even he was stumped for a cause to the problem, maybe need bigger fuel filter or ???????

I've recently noticed this on my R6

It's nearly impossible to maintain a constant speed on my R6 but I don't get any surging. More that, on a constant throttle at lowish revs, it just wants to accelerate all the time. Does that make sense? :blink:

It's nearly impossible to maintain a constant speed on my R6 but I don't get any surging. More that, on a constant throttle at lowish revs, it just wants to accelerate all the time. Does that make sense? :blink:

seems like its the norm on these type of bikes, and yes it describes mine to a "t"

• Who's Online (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online