Finally own my bike

Grouch
This post is 2738 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

Just paid the finance off the WR so I'm pretty happy for a change. A lot of people advised me not to do it and I could understand their logic. It was a struggle when I got made redundant but I scraped by. It's a nice feeling getting a brand new machine and I will be definitely doing it again, especially now with all the 0% interest deals. When I thought about it I realised it was worth it. The interest was 4.6% or something. The bike cost £4200 and the interest was £300 so all together £4500. I've had three years of problem free riding, apart from wear and tear. It was a god send after the whole XT nightmare. WR's seem to hold their value as well so after considering all the fun, commuting and enjoyment I won't be losing out if and when I do sell it. I'll have to get a bigger bike in the near future but for now I'm happy putting up with it for a while longer. Now I have some extra cash to get my licence. 

• Like 3

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

It is a massive commitment and not everyone's cup of tea. I suppose it is a gamble especially nowadays with the economy. I id get made redundant two years ago but I soon found work again. Probably going to be next year now but I was just thinking of saving up for one. You can get really nice bikes in good condition for a few grand now. I think it's mainly people who get them on finance and really look after them, then sell them after they're paid off.I think I want to get another supermoto at least a 400 then a 600 sports.

you can always use your bike a deposit so you'd pay even less. :thumb:

cash is still King

• Like 1

Been looking and the thing I didn't take into account is that if I bought a bigger bike they are 3 or 4k more expensive, so rather than 3 years its paid off over 5 years. 5 years seems too long. I would rather sell the bike private because I bet a dealer would give me an insult of a valuation.

You'd be better off selling your bike privately then get a bank loan to buy another. Some good offers around atm

Sent from my E6553 using Tapatalk

• Like 1

• Who's Online (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online