Constant backfiring help

mnostl32
This post is 6607 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

So I just bought my Yamaha VStar 650 classic. Rode on it for a while and decided to upgrade the exhaust. Went to a place where the guy is very knowledgeable and lots of friends recommended this place. Well I bought a set of vance and hines exhaust pipes for the bike. They sound great. When I give it gas it goes fine, when I let go of the gas is when it starts to backfire. I've heard that jetting should be adjusted after upgrading the exhaust pipes and that it doesn't. I haven't jetted since I put the pipes on. I haven't called the guy either. I will though in the morning. This backfiring has been going on for about 2 weeks now. Just curious if anyone has any tips on this. Haven't done a search yet on here but any advice is welcome. Thanks

Joe

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

Backfiring is usually caused by excess fuel passing into the pipes and then igniting, or an air leak which assists the normal exhaust gases to ignite in the pipe, or a combination of the two. So, if I were you I would first of all chat with the guy who supplied the pipes to see if any rejetting is required which I would have thought was most likely. If not, check the seal of the pipes at the head for any leaks.

Cheers,

Andy

• Who's Online (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online