04 r6

krashkidd
This post is 2898 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

are the lowering links that are fitted adjustable? Perhaps they could be changed to stock height/near stock height. Why change the front end? Do you mean only the forks?  Diameters are 2mm difference - but you can make anything work if you want it to...

Perhaps there are aftermarket forks that would fit straight out of the box with less hassle? I'm not really sure if there would be any other issue with a switch to Upside-down forks. - I assume that is where the difference in diameter comes from though....

I'd been inclined to look on ebay for standard dogbones, there are always some for sale search for linkage or links though.

As for fitting a later model suspension, is it worth the hassle? you'd be better off fettling the suspension you have than fitting the suspension from a newer model. I have 2 bikes with USD forks and they aren't massively better than RWU forks, the reduction in unsprung weight can be achieved more readily elsewhere. Why not get them rebuilt (Or do it yourself) and fit racetech emulators if they are RWU forks? that'll give almost race levels of damping.

Don't make a load of agro for yourself, k.i.s

• Who's Online (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online