Servicing YBR 125 with warranty intact

hellom8
This post is 2855 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

I have recently purchased a new YBR 125.

I need to get the 600 mile service done and other services in the future.

The dealer I purchased the bike from is 30 miles away, but there is a non franchised service garage about a mile away from me.

If OE parts are used and the bike serviced to the correct specs is this valid for the warranty?

Cheers

Iggy

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

As long as the work is done with the proper parts by a competant engineer your fine.

Unfortunately that means using a garage of some description. One with properly experienced and trained staff.

Fucked if I know. My dad I suppose.

I know the rules were changed and the garage my old man used to work in  stamped the service books keeping their warranty.

Best bet, READ the warranty and see what it say's. Should tell you in the small print what constitutes a "competent" fitter.

As an aside I do my own, I sign the book and list the jobs done. If you don't trust that the seller has done the job when you come to buy/sell the bike don't buy it, there are plenty of others both sellers and buyers out there.

• 4 weeks later...

I think it depends on manufacturer. Unlike cars, motorbikes are not covered by regulations that let you use none manufacturer garages. Suzuki for example do allow you to use non-Suzuki dealers and you don't have to use OEM parts either https://www.suzuki-gb.co.uk/ccr/customer-services-frequently-asked-questions/#FAQ_WARRANTY 

Triumph on the other hand say you do have to use their dealerships or the warranty is invalid (they wrote into Bike or Ride to correct an article where they said you could use any garage).

You might be best contacting Yamaha and asking.

• 3 weeks later...
  • Who's Online (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online