So this Triumph..

MrCardboardDave
This post is 2748 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

Massive warning in the workshop manual section for the rear shock and remote reservoir saying must not sepertate from one another. Risk of accident etc

But why? Its not built on it, Just linked from rear shock to side of head via a banjo ended pipe.  Its ment to be gas filled and under 120psi

Problem is that the end with the valve in has failed ie valve snapped of in my hand so now has a bolt in. No gas came out when it snapped either but i am sure thats my jack hammer death bounce swingarm is about.. took i while but gas leaked out with use etc.

Why cant i just buy a new remote reservoir ? or am i missing the point here and even with a de presurised unit the spring alone would be enough to make for a good ride ergo spring/whole shock unit must be dead?

remote-reservoir_17.jpg

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

The gas is for the rebound I think and if it's leaked then It will bounce around all over the place, can't see why you should not be able to fit another reservoir and re-gas it, unless of course Triumph are the only people in the world who make these shocks and therefore can charge what they like for them! If it was me I'd do what your saying and buy something that fit's and go from there.

It will be charged with nitrogen. The air you add is for adjusting to preference.

If the gas has gone there is a good chance the shock is fubar.

The proper manuals will give a procedure to degass the unit. Although cracking the banjo bolt with your helmet on is probably a common one :lol:

The shock and resivoir are normally replaced together and a lot of modern day replacements dont use them . Old tech and all.

• Like 2

Yeah thinking about it Cynic is probably right the gas is AWOL so it must have a leak, probably does mean that the shock is toast.

well in spirit of saving a bob i figure it was worth asking. If it was one part then never but has banjo and bolt so it was 50/50.

A triumph one is morgage money but have seen a couple of brands ive heard off still carry aftermarket ones 3 through 6 hundred.  If it fubar its fubar and no point buying just the reservoir.  Tbf i could hear a fast hissy noise like in out in out, even over my bike the wind and the road at 80mph. but could not replicate it at home to see where it comes from

Will see what payday brings. Cheers

I took my R6 shock to KAIS suspension and they regased, revalved and resprung the shock.

there is a little bag in the resevoir to hold the gas in, my guess is thats gone

• Who's Online (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online