Torque setting

tobi evans
This post is 2924 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

Sorry if this is somewhere else but I am trying to refit the camshafts on my xj700 maxim and worried about the torque setting for the camshaft bolts(are they called journals?) I think its 10nm

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

Hi Tobi, ok why do you "think" it's 10nm? It's in the manual at the front of the engine section under torque settings, every nut and bolt has a setting and you have to ,on some nut's and bolts, make sure you do it right, what seems to be the problem? Do you have the manual?

Said the Punch and Judy audience.....

"OOOOOOHHHHHH yes it is".

The site may not be copyright but the manuals need permission to be reproduced 'in any form', be that paper electronic or otherwise. Its one of those naughty loops, the poster and the reader are in breech. The site isn't because their just hosting the material.

its no different to pinching songs off the internet.

Sorry.

OP, that is not a figure to guess, quite often camshafts float in the journals in a skim of oil a couple of thou thick, that torque figure is a must or the cam may well lock in the head.

I think its 10 as that is the figure other bikes seem to have and I don't have a manual and as the bike is so rare I am struggling to find the correct figures. So I stopped to find out before I over or under tighten them

Sorry folks thought it was ok I will remove it!!!

• Who's Online (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online