7/99 XT 600

Muz.069
This post is 2878 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

Morning people.... I'm trying to find some information or a decent wiring diagram for an old XT600... I'm trying to get it running for a friend of mine but having little luck, Wondering if anyone has had a similar problem.....? I've been through the carbi and cleaned up and stopped from flooding... Charged the battery and checked over, all seems ok...

The problem I seem to have is lack of spark, when winding it over it gives one good spark then nothing, as it doesn't have a kick start I can't tell if it will spark without the starter, Other than taking it out onto the road and pushing it what should I check or what may be a common fault I haven't thought of ..?

Thanks

Muz

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

HI Muz welcome to the YOC, sorry mate but we're not allowed to give out copyrighted info, the site owner (in Aus) will have a fit if we do, but just a question, do you have the manual for the bike Clymer or Haynes? If you don't then get one it will have all you need to get the bike sorted. But you could just search Google and see if there's one on there. ;)