Xj550 sprocket

exelbyt
This post is 2930 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

Hello, i am building a custom cafe racer and i am using the wheels from a yam xj550 maxim. But the gearing of the sprocket (44t) is was to high for the engine i am running.

Does anyone know if there is a bike which a 34t(ish) sprocket from will fit the hub on the xj550 wheel?

Thanks !

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

Ah you see we get a LOT of ONE HIT WONDERS on here so as you didn't reply Tommy thought that you had asked your question and disappeared off to parts unknown, glad you didn't by the way, you see it's normal for folks to say "Hi" in the new members section before they ask a how do I fix my bike/life/marriage question and we get a bit jaded when we answer a question and the folks don't come back. As to the "F" in the quote I leave that to your own imagination, no offence was intended I'm sure just one of those "oh f**k why do I bother" moments that we all have. Stick around if you want to we're really a reasonable bunch of folks just occasionally this internet get's the best of us. :rolleyes:

• Like 1

Hi glad to see you back, look's like you're right mine only has four bolts so no good to you. I was more frustrated with my self as I don't usually post on first time post's, we have a sort of unwritten rule on this site but glad you came back and proved me 100% wrong, hope you manage to find what your looking for.:rolleyes:

• Like 1

Unwritten rule.......is that because you think you are in some way superior to someone who has not posted on a forum before. Motorcycling is not just about bikes but also about community. You previous comment has made me feel very sorry for you and anyone who shares your attitude.

For you info - i cannot find an exact replacement so it looks like i will have to get a sprocket made specially.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Me thinks you take this way to seriously, lighten up :moon: when I say I don't usually reply to 1st time post I mean those without an intro first, you can feel as sorry as you like but don't waste pitty on me, this is a friendly site and we for the most part all get along and if I make an error of judgement I'll admit it but don't think you can judge me on that as you don't know me, seems to me all you want is an argument when all I was trying to do when I answered your post was help. I don't feel or see myself as superior to anyone else who use's this site but as a member I don't like to see it littered with O,H,W threads which make it harder for genuine people to find answer's, speaking of which this thread has become one of those thread that is no help to anyone, bye

• Who's Online (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online