Yamaha DT125R 2002 - Derestricting

This post is 2786 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

Hello everyone. I tried looking on dtr125.net but it seems to be closed? 

I have a 2002 DT125R which is totally standard. It's not done much mileage to be honest so it's not been messed with.

i want to derestrict it but didn't really want to change the tail pipe as I feel that just creates more noise. I am going to use it green laning so like it quite to be honest.  I have read about a reed switch in the speeo and something about cutting a peice off the carb rubber?

basically want I want to get it down to is how can I make a bit more power. Keeping the orginal tail pipe which I think is the best pipe for these bikes. 

Any help is appreciated. 

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

I would have thought the last thing you want to do to a dt you want to green lane is de restrict it.

6 hours ago, Retroboy said:

why not?

Green laning needs torque. Clean low rpm manners that allow you to pick your puddle. Then give you a clean progression to solid power when you need it. 

You will rarely do more than 15 20 mph.

A peaky derestricted bike would be a pain in the arse.

• Who's Online (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online