Picked up a new yamaha today

Simon46
This post is 2679 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

0 at the moment. No spark. Too many safety devices on the throttle. In gear no start cutout and wrist lanyard if you fall out the boat it unplugs and kills ignition. I will be starting by bypassing these to see if motor will run and go from there. 

Cant be as expensive as a DT175mx field bike resto!

S.

• Like 2

Yeh, I see why safety counts,, mind that family  got chopped,  when boat circled them,  after the ALL fell out into water, :huh:

All safety devices will be reinstated once engine fires. Ive seen prop versus leg. It ain't pretty. 

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

Well depotting the cdi. Should have over 100 volts to the coil. I have 17. Over 15 hrs work to get this far!

DSC_0142.jpg

On 06/08/2016 at 7:02 PM, blackhat250 said:

BHP,,, ?

55, it says on the tin ;)

I used to have a 45 Mercury with leccy start. nice engine

• Like 1

Its a big engine 2 cyl 2 stroke 800 cc. Cdi had crack through the potting as if something has gone pop and its been left outside for 2 years. Needs replacing anyway. All discrete components internally not a chip in sight. Just scr's caps diodes and resistors.

• 1 month later...

Well after many hours and also building a dva adapter for multimeter to test cdi reconnected cdi in unpotted format to test and she sparks. connected fuel  and on 4th crank she ran. that twin pot two stroke is loud with the exhaust prop out of the water! love it when you fire an engine for the first time.

Had to pull plug caps off to stop her though. 

• Like 5

• 1 month later...

If you like trance and boats this is how it should go. Look at the 15 ft prop wake!

Beautiful Simon, I bet the local fishermen just LOVE you! :lol:

• Who's Online (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online