Ybr custom air filter

Classic_rob
This post is 2981 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

Im looking to give my 2011 ybr custom a more stripped back look. Ive noticed customised 125s with a much smaller cone air filter instead of the big box. I've read that this can cause fuel mixture problems and as a complete noob, this could be well over my head. Does anyone have any experience of doing this job?

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

Well, few years back I spent over a grand getting a Suzuki I had to make some proper power, with another 800quids worth of race pipe it made over 100bhp, 40 up on stock. It had cams, head work, cdi, carbs rebuilt, the list went on.

The folk at TTs left the airbox just changing the filter, cut the inlet up a bit. I said 'I expected them to change the airbox or junk it entirely' and they replied 'that is done only for drag bikes and "show over go", stuff'. 'Worst thing you can do for performance junking the airbox'.

Cool, to be fair I don't expect my 125 to go any faster I just like the look of the open space under the seat haha. I would put a smaller filter on purely for cosmetic reasons, I just don't want to ruin the engine!

• Who's Online (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online