DAT number on bike parts.

slice
This post is 2843 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

Ok folks just a quickie. Just bought a front mudguard from tinternet, it has a series of numbers preceded by DAT letters, now I assume they are for the purpose of identifying a part of your bike if it's nicked but I'm buggered if I can find any info on the net that tells me how to check if it's legit or not. Actual thing is "DAT0408588" Tried Datatag and anything else I could think of but do any of you know how I find out if this is nicked or not? The reason I ask is that a "NEW" one is about £150 and I paid £15 ! It's not perfect but just wondering if some poor sod is out there damming me to hell for buying bit's of his bike.

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

Did you source the part in Germany?

Then the closest I get is : http://www.dat.de/home.html

DAT Deutsche Automobil Treuhand GmbH

This is somesort of Nationwide (Europwide) information portal for the German automotive industry.

• Like 1

Thanks mate but afraid that's not it either, the letters and numbers are in blue DOTS on the outside of the panel if that helps anyone.

Its a datatag mark. Or sounds very emuch like the ones on my suzuki.

You get a small stensil with the kit you buy and use some acid etching ink to make the mark.

I put mine on the inside of the panels but some use it as a visual deterent,or just cannot be arsed removing panels.

May mean its nicked. May just as easy be from a genuine scrapper.

• Like 1

Yeah Cynic I've seen them before but how and where do I  check  to see if it's nicked or not, there has to be a place that tells you who owned the bike and has it been nicked, Datatag site just want's to sell you shit but has nothing on it to say "CHECK NUMBERS HERE" !!! Thanks anyway mate.

• Who's Online (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online