dt 125r rejet

This post is 2807 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

hi all, i have an 02 dt1215r that i have recently re-jetted, the carb from standard had a jet size of 240 and upped it to a 260 because i changed the exhaust tailpipe to an athena one, so was wondering if i should(if its even possible) adjust the oil pump to give a bit more oil/fuel mix. bike doesn't get thrashed or even given a hard time probably 6500rpm max so that it clears its throat, bike is only used for pottering round on sunny days like we are having at the moment

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

Dont need to change anything for just a tailpipe.

Tbh im surprised it runs if its stock with a 260.

As he says,  even stock jetting is rich,,,,i"v dropped 2 sizes on my 400,  runs much better ,and still cool enuff, [ temp gauge]  trail tech,

runs and ticks over lovely on the 260 jet that i put in, got tiniest of flat spot on pulling away from standstill but i put that down to changing the gearing from 15/47(i think thats standard) to 16/44 and me not giving it a big handfull of revs as well, plug has a lovely colour to it as well when i took it out to look. just thought it might need some sort of adjustment seeing as the tailpipe looks pretty well straight through now and not like the "tin of spaghetti" that the exhaust fumes must find there way through to exit the standard one

All the tailpipe does on a 2stroke is reduce noise.

You could chuck it in the bin for all the performace it gives.

• Who's Online (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online