R6 exhaust help

Alsbssc
This post is 2987 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

Hi all,

Newbie here, I recently bought an R6 on an 06 plate. I only have one issue and it's the rear can, although it sounds great it is extremely loud whilst riding. It's around the 110db if not louder. 

It has a Micron can tuned to a power commander 3. Can anyone recommend an alternative albeit quieter option. I'd like to stay away from the stock can as the stubby look suits the bike. 

Any info would be appreciated. 

Thanks in advance. 

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

Why not just rewrap the baffles? Most bike exhausts (custom) are able to be dismantled and rebuilt. Drill out the rivets, remove the old packing rewrap then rebuild, it's simple. or fit bigger removable baffles at the end! Talk to MICRON USA they will help out with a rebuild kit.

Just as an aside YouTube can help with ideas as to what the best way to repack pipes, this is a good example but plenty of others out there.

• Who's Online (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online