Clutchless Upshifting!

JohnR6
This post is 6535 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

Genius!

I'll be practicing that fella, had a few clutches go on me and it's a total pain in the rear.

jinxed myself staceys mums astra had this prob today lololol

• 3 weeks later...
Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

Chrisw is right. There is a point in a sequential gearbox when it actually wants to change gear itself. You just put a little upward pressure on the selecter and snap the throttle closed. if you get it right, you shouldn't actually have to kick it up. Just keep the pressure on it and it will go itself. Having said that. My new R6 owners manual clearly states not to clutchless shift as this gearbox is not designed to do it. I think it only states that to cover Yamaha's ass though. If they were to say, oh go ahead and clutchless shift on this bike. They are almost telling you to break most speed limits as the correct rev range required to clutchless shift are usually fairly high, usually meaning high speeds also. And we can't have people on bikes going around at high speed now can we? :unsure:

• Who's Online (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online