DT125LC Mk1 rear wheel

roadracejoe
This post is 2845 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

Hi, anyone know if a 6 hole sprocket rear wheel will fit the above bike, as apposed to the original 4 hole one ?  i.e is the sprocket the only difference? cheers in advance.

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

Why?

Because I bought a new rear wheel of eBay which was advertised as a 4 hole hub, but when it arrived it has 6 holes for the sprocket. Just wondering if it makes any difference? Why did they change them? Seller has checked they're stock and all they're wheels are 6 hole.

Sounds like he has dt175  wheels he is shifting and sent you one of those.

Check the width of the wheel between the bearings and the spindle diameter if your worried but spaces can be made and bearings can be bought to suit. But knowing how lazy Yamaha can be and the fact that a lot of the mk1 rear suspension is pretty much unchanged from the aircooled 175 I would expect it to fit right in.

Note expect, I don't know for certain but the odds are very good.

They're copies made in Thailand, but for £98 incl postage they seem OK  & are cheaper than getting one rebuilt, fronts aren't available yet but luckily mines OK. Cheers

• Who's Online (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online