Another new member saying hello

This post is 2988 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

As you might guess from the huge clue in my ID I ride a YBR125. Don't laugh, please. It is all I can afford.

I have had it since new & have only been knocked off it once, by a cage driver who back-ended me. No serious damage to the bike, or me but I was well p---ed off.

I have had several bikes. I passed my test on a SR125 & rapidly graduated from a 2-stroke Honda MBX80 to a 1989 Enfield 350.  A Royal Enfield Bullet was my old man's last bike. Both our bikes died of the same issue: Knackered big-end bearing: A tap-tap-tap noise only under load and fine bronze particles on the oil-filter when I investigated. I loved that bike and would have happily spent the price of a new YBR on a engine & gearbox rebuild - if I had the dosh. Some bikes get under your skin like that and it is probably been the same for you at some point.

The absolute worst POS I have owned was a Tomos Moped & you can't get much wore than those Yugslavian lumps of excrement.

A lawnmower engine grafted onto a mountain bike would probably be more reliable & have better lights too.

Decent lights are a big factor in choosing a bike. So many small bikes had either weak bulbs or very inefficient reflectors that spilt the light everywhere but forwards.

• Like 1

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

Why laugh at a ybr 125.

I have been riding for. Fk me! nearly 30years and have 2 175's and a 250. I have also seen a cb250n make a bloke on a fireblade look like he needed stabilisers.

Had the dt since i was 17.

Engine size has its place but if the bike works for you what the fk is it any opinion of others.

Welcome. I would wager there are far more 125 riders here than you think.

• Like 1

+1 Cynic is right on.

welcome aboard! :wavey: 

+2 Cynic, no probs with a 125 great little machines, welcome to the YOC.:D

Great intro ,, ,lol at the Tomos p.o.s, :crylaugh:,   , yeh wee run small bikes too, , great fun ,,:welcome:

• Who's Online (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online