Any go from a KLR650 to WR250R

This post is 2859 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

I've been looking at moving from a KLR650 to the WR250r and was wondering if anyone else has made such a move from a big heavy dual sport bike to a lighter dual sport bike.

I enjoy trail riding. The KLR is capable of doing this, but I'm always very cautious where I take the bike because of its heavy weight (approx. 500lbs with my set up) and when the bike does tip over you can imagine it's always a scare thing since I always am traveling alone to get the bike back up.

I know the wr250r is a lighter bike, people I have read about who use it as such a trail bike seem to really enjoy the bike. I hate that the gas tank is so small, since I currently will ride about 150 to 250 miles on trails when I go out on my KLR, but am willing to work a lighter bike if it means it will save my back should it tip over as compared to the KLR.

If anyone has made such a switch, what has your experience been? Do you regret the move or are you glad you switched? Knowing a 250cc won't win any speed races, (though neither would a KLR650) do you feel it's fast enough on the trails and basic commuting to and from trails ( about 45 mins each way to the trails and back)?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.
  • Who's Online (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online