Yamaha YBR125 Custom problem

handym4n01
This post is 2849 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

Hi All, looking for help please. My Yamaha YBR125 Custom (2011) has become impossible to start. Having visited the local Yamaha dealer near our holiday home in France I discover that, in 'warm' weather the fuel pump (located within the fuel tank) expands and jams. The bike is only 4 years old & has only 1700 miles on the clock as I use it for around 3 months per year on holiday in France. I am advised that a replacement pump is the only solution but with no guarantee that the problem will not re-occur! Any ideas before I spend lots of money please?

What I would like to find is a way to contact Yamaha directly (other than by 'phone) to ask why there is such an obvious design fault with this bike that has not been addressed? Having checked other forums it seems many folks have the same issue.

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

Well first off sorry to hear about your problem! Second if you go to Yam UK and camp out in their front reception you still won't get an answer cos they sold the bike now it's your problem, just how it is I'm afraid, it's not like a car recall for instance cos unless you can prove it's down to their mis-manufacture they will not pay you for a replacement and even if you do prove it they will blame everyone but themselves in a merry-go-round of "not us". Don't know your particular bike but can you not just bypass the current pump and fit another one outside the tank? Say under the seat or behind the battery box, just saying mind not telling you this will work, but it is after all JUST a fuel pump and not rocket science. Hope you get it sorted what ever you decide to do.

Fuel injection wont work without it.

• Like 1

• Who's Online (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online