advice needed on spark plug reading please.

125fightingmachine
This post is 2919 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

Hi guys, I've just been out for about a 20 minute ride with a new plug with the right electrode gap and by the way the black oily residue is just racing grease for the threads so nothing to worry about. Im just not totally sure what I should be adjusting according to this plug. Bye for now, Louis :) 

P.s the base ring is not black from the racing grease, am I right in thinking this is a rich idle?

image_zps1gosfbv9.jpeg

image_zpss5nqv0vp.jpeg

image_zpsgxkbbpps.jpeg

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

Wont tell you much on a 4 stroke, the plug thing is more for 2 strokes. The carbon left by the engine burning it tells you what's up. Your not burning oil (I hope) so really you need to look at the OLD plug to tell you about the engine as the residue takes far longer to build in a 4 stroke, if at all if its running really well.

Use the bike for a week then have a look.

• Like 1

Hi 125.

If you have a Haynes manual they usually have a spark plug colour chart to help you diagnose the condition.

If you haven't got one I highly recommend investing in one (approx £20)

Hope this helps.

Mike.

• Like 1

• Who's Online (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online