Another YBR non runner !!

John_S1
This post is 3008 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

Hi guys and gals, I've just joined the site and looking for a bit of advise on my YBR.

I bought it last week as a non runner, (turns over great but wouldn't fire up), so the first thing i did when i got it home was to check for a spark, which there wasn't so obviously thats why it wouldn't fire up. Next i checked the coil pack and found it had 12v at the cap (not cracking), and 9-10v (when cracking) which after double checking on the web confirmed that that was fine. Then i decided to check the side stand switch which is also working fine. I then noticed that when i put the ignition on the engine management light doesn't come on at all which made me wonder if there is a fault with the management system, so after trawling the web for a few hours its led me to believe i have a faulty CDI box so i have ordered a working second hand one off ebay which will be here next week, but in the mean time im wondering if anyone else has had a similar problem or could recommend something else i could check? 

Any help would be appreciated.

Cheers John.

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.
  • Who's Online (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online