Xt 125 fork seals

Xttru
This post is 2999 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

Hello everyone, 

So I recently bought a 2008 xt 125 x for cheap that needed a few bits doing to it for mot.  One of which was fork seals, so I watched a few videos and cracked on,  found the forks we nothing like any of the videos I had found and have since struggled to find any good information on them.  Reluctant to buy any as I feel the Internet should yet provide I'm here asking for help.

I've got as far as disassembling the forks but can't get the seals out the fork legs.  There's no lower bush on the stanchion to knock it out with like other forks so does anyone know a trick?  

Many thanks in advance.

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

Hi there , make sure any circlips etc have been removed and use something with a blunt rounded edge , like a tyre lever to lever out the seal  carefully , so you don't damage the fork leg . Stand the fork upright with the seal upward , place the lever under the edge of the seal , place a folded rag on top of the fork leg and push the end of the lever downward to push the seal up and out . Best of luck .

• Like 1

• Who's Online (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online