DT ???

This post is 2861 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

HI

I`ve just acquired  a bike no docs engine no 2k4/024 and frame no 2k4/010  anyone any idea what model and year it is,i want to restore to origona spec ,I think its got quite a few mods??l

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

Yip ,shes a DT175MX,   Same as airheads, [ member, ]   put up pics ,:welcome:

am I right in thinking it should have a round headlight,do you know where I could more info and pictures as regards to colours and the right things to fit to it.mmy first proper restoration, maybe should have started something with a bit less work to do

Frame is 1980, engine is 79. Just get the manual, looks like you might have an original exhaust there which are  rare in useable nick. Seat base is plastic, they are a pretty basic good first restore, you can have one in bits in a couple of hrs including fag/coffee/pee breaks.

Beware the swing arm mount, the bottom shock pin and the rear engine mount. They can be a complete bastard to get out. And yes round headlight with no cowl.

• Like 1

I'm with Airhead on this one .  All those original bits can get very expensive , and then if you fall off or drop it you'll be freaked !  Try to get it running well and sort the chassis with new steering bearings and swingarm bushes , wheelbearings etc .  It don't have to look good to go good . When you get all that done - then you can polish it , (or roll it in glitter if you prefer ) .  Great bike to have , wish I still had mine (thieving scum !) , and very easy to work on , Best of luck !!

• Like 1

From the photo its not missing anything drastic. Save indicators and with a splash of pattern parts, rattle can paint and a good clean and tidy only anoracks would know/care.

Even though it is not profitable to restore these old bikes. In the grand scheme of things they are still a cheap project.

I rebuilt the engine in mine (piston, bore, bearings and such) for less than the seals and gaskets on the top end of my tdr.

• Like 1

• Who's Online (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online