Yamaha XT 125X 2007

AlexLeeds
This post is 2934 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

Hello all,

I was hoping if someone with one of these could help me out.

My friend was riding his XT and he says he smelt fuel, looked down and saw petrol spewing out of a 'tube'.

I looked the bike over and saw he'd then connected the carb overflow tube to a black pipe that runs up to a plastic t piece that had 2 pipes off it to the carb.

I undid the overflow to black tube as it's obviously wrong, is the black pipe just a breather for the carb?

Pictures of some ones carb fitted showing the pipes would be great.

Many thanks,

Alex.

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

Sounds like he connected the carb overflow to the carb breather, smart!!

Anyho, if fuel is coming out of the carb overflow it is a near certainty that either the carb float valve is not sealing properly via either muck (most likely) or wear, (not likely).

Take off the carb, you may be able to just rotate it in the rubbers (don't know the bike) take the float bowl off and check it out. It could be the tiniest of rubbish that will stop it sealing.

Had the same on my TDR in April and it took longer to get the carb off than clean the float valve. Was a little black spec bit bigger than a grain of sand causing the problems.

Hi Cynic thanks for the reply.

His battery was knackered as just bought bike so have put new battery in tried start it on push start and it will go eventually and then cut out.

Now no fuel is coming out of the overflow.

The fact it starts and then cuts out makes me definitely suspect a fueling issue.

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks 

Alex

Sounds like its had little use, now its being used and the crud in the carb (modern fuel evaporates leaving a crust behind that doesn't re dissolve) is floating around causing chaos inside the carb.

You need to take it off and clean it properly before moving foreward. One step at a time, def have a fuel/carb problem so we start there. The non starting/idle may well be fixed at the same time, can easily be the same cause (blocked idle jet).

• Like 3