Runs on carb cleaner

Ravies
This post is 2838 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

Hi all,

I've got another clue to the mystery of why my DT250MX won't start.

I have spark, I have air, I have fuel (spark plug gets wet and I have to clear the fuel), I have compression but for some reason it won't start. It will however, roar into life for a second if I spray carb cleaner in the air box (as you'd probably expect) but then dies again, throttle on OR off.

So my question is what does it mean? Does it go any way to eliminating reasons why it won't start? or does it simply prove that air is coming through the air box and into the cylinder, and that I have a spark?

Cheers

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

Yip.  the choke , is not working , and possibly the pilot choked,  thers a small well.[ in carb bowl].  it fills thru a small hole at bottom ,

this will be blocked, ,  heres a  pic,  see the small hole , it fills that tube, and choke draws off it,

20150619_223914.jpg

• 5 weeks later...

Brilliant! I drowned the carb in carb cleaner and it's all systems go! Finally she runs! Thanks very much for the help with that one I can stop pulling my hair out and start pulling the clutch apart now! Ace!

• Like 6

• Who's Online (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online