Hellllppppppppp or rather Hell LOL.

mrtone
This post is 3028 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

In short ( I have posted regarding this bike XJ 600 before - somewhere on the forum :) ) Anyway, before shelling out for a new ECU/EMU, would it be possible to 'hot wire' the bike as I've got no spark?  Of course, if I can get a spark then  I'll be confident in buying a new ECU/EMU. The original ECU was left (as was the Carbs etc in a box that filled up with water!!!) from the bloke that I bought it off I must add looooooollllllllllll. I'm beginning to think that this bike might cost me more than I paid for it £100 - having found out recently that there's a big hole on the swinging arm - exhaust side (Is this a common fault?) but I'm quite handy with an arc welder so that don't bother me. :)

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

you need an ecu to get spark, there's no other way to get it sparking.

THIS IS HOW IT WORKS,.  the soarse coil generates power, its stored in CDI box,  the trigger [ pulse  coil]  signals to release power from CDI  to  ignition/coil, = spark plug,  ,

8 hours ago, blackhat250 said:

THIS IS HOW IT WORKS,.  the soarse coil generates power, its stored in CDI box,  the trigger [ pulse  coil]  signals to release power from CDI  to  ignition/coil, = spark plug,  ,

correct for a CDI john, but it is TCI which uses coils and is a trigger for them at the correct time

• Like 1

Thanks for your help folks :) I realise now (after sobering up) that it's not like an olde ignitition sys with distributor DOH! BUGGER!

• Like 1

• Who's Online (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online