FZX front black out

Jack11
This post is 3031 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

I am the proud owner of an 1867 Yamaha FZX 750.

Recently I did run is a small issue I cannot seen to get rid of, ore fix.

My Head light went out.

It just happen when I turned on the ignition, light went on but the moment I started the engine, light went out, and is not coming back on.

First I thought it was a bad connection, as some time it comes back on for a short time, but all connections are good, so is the Bulb!

The rear light and indicators are still working, also the instrument lights on the tank are working fine. Just the Head light and instrument lights (speedo and rev counter) are out.

The only one thing I can come up with is a faulty main light relay, but, I looked on the wiring diagram and at part list but no mention of a main light relay!

It shows on the drawing a couple of Relays, Fuel pump, Indicator….

I went to my local Yamaha dealer but he could not help me as it was an older bike and things like that happen??? Go Figure!

So is there anyone out there that can help me with my Black out issue?  

Thanks

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

Possibly a bad earth. Make sure all the connections are clean. Could also be a loose cable in the headlight plug?

Try running a direct feed from the battery and see if it comes on with that

Sent from my E6553 using Tapatalk

Hi finnefz89

Thanks for your reply.

I did run a cable from the battery it, light works fine, all the plugs seem to be OK, I clean them all.

all the cables sort of disperse in a cluster, so it is hard to figure out ware thy go.

Because everything ells is working fine, just the head light and the speedo and rev counter,  that's why I though a broken relay.

Broken cable then?

Sent from my E6553 using Tapatalk

• Who's Online (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online